Coming Full Circle

More than thirteen years ago, Jerre and I were in Nashville and went by the LifeWay store. A real treat for me! While there, I happened upon a new in-depth Bible study written especially for women. It was by someone I had never heard of, but the title tugged at my heart: A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place.

A friend of mine had done a few studies for women at church so I asked her about leading that particular study. My motive was purely selfish. I wanted very much to do the study. She agreed but sometime along the way, God moved her and left the study in my care. Oh my! What a journey we have been on since! God used Beth Moore and that particular study to stir something in me that He is still stirring! I pray He never stops!

Since then, we have done study after study. As fast as Beth Moore could write them, we were studying right behind her. In between, we would go through A Woman's Heart and Breaking Free again. Then other women authors' studies became available. We did those too. But Beth Moore was the one who opened my eyes to what was available to me personally. Her studies showed me how I could really study the scripture by myself. Just me and God. I praise God for using her in my life!

Here we are years later and the ladies at Twelfth Street Baptist Church continue to study the Word of God together. God has moved me on to another place. Wednesday, I gathered my shy self together and went by myself to a new ladies Bible study group. What were they studying? A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place!

Comments