The Baxter Family

I love a good fiction book and Karen Kingsbury can write them faster than I can read them. I have dear friends who have been so involved in her books about the Baxter family that they have had to stop themselves from requesting prayer for them!

I knew this was a family I needed to spend some time with so during my move I became acquainted with the Baxter family. It all started with the Redemption series. I was a little out of touch with my "real" friends so bonding with them was easy. There are five books in the series. One of the saddest things about fiction is getting involved in the lives of the people in the book and then leaving them when the book is over. Not so with the Baxters! As soon as I finished one I dove right into the next!

Then, I found that at the end of the Redemption series, there was yet another series about the Baxters! The Firstborn series which included five books also! I just finished the last of those five books and I am now completely involved in the lives of these people and all their friends!

This last book was the hardest. I may have been tempted to request prayer. Dayne, the firstborn, was in a terrible accident. I found myself reading while half asleep with one eye open. It was the wee hours of morning and I needed to sleep but I was not at all sure if he was going to live! There was no possible way I could finish the book that night so I did something that I never have done before . . . I flipped to the back of the book just to see if he was there! I didn't read much - but I needed to know what I was facing!

Don't you wish you could do that in life sometimes - just flip to the back to see if everything is going to be ok, you know?

The good news is we can trust the One who wrote the book. Psalm 139:16 says "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." So we don't really have to know what we are facing, only who we are facing it with! He is a good and gracious God and I am glad He is in control! I sure do love Him.

Before I sleep . . . going to check on the Baxters in the Sunrise series!

Comments

DaisyGirl said…
Mrs. Johnson...It's BamaBeth's daughter-in-law :o) I had come across your blog one way or another and have enjoyed keeping up with it. It's good for both a chuckle and good thoughts! Anyway...My Alabama family gave me these books for my birthday! I opened them last night and started reading before I got off the couch! They are really good!